Monterey/Santa Cruz Building and Construction Trades Council
The objects and principles of the Council are:
- To coordinate and harmonize the activities, functions and interest of the affiliated Unions in the building and construction industry, to organize all branches of labor engaged in, or in the preparations of materials for, the industry.
- To promote the growth and development of all building and construction trades unions and to foster and develop the organization of building and construction tradesman and traditional trade or craft lines.
- To develop and advance apprenticeship training, and to cooperate with Federal and State agencies in this work.
- To assist all affiliated Unions in securing improved wages, hours and working conditions thorugh collective bargaining.
- To engage in research, legal and public relations activities for the advancement of interests of affiliated Unions and their members.
- To particiapte in community and charitable organizations and projects for the benefit of this organization and its members.